Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The "Things I Noticed" Winners Are...

Hello once again -

Thanks to everyone who entered to win an inscribed copy of Vozzek's new book, "Things You Never Noticed About LOST." It was extremely hard for us to pick our three favorite submissions, so we ended up with one he liked the best, one I liked the best, and one we both agreed on. However, I'm not going to tell you which is which. (Sorry.)

So here are the three new owners (well, after they leave me a comment with their email and mailing addresses) of Vozzek's labor of love:

LESLIE'S A BITCHIN NAME, who so astutely observed: "I've noticed the two fastest and easiest ways to get off the Island are: 1) The Submarine, and 2) getting a DUI."

and

SHELER412, who kept it real with: "I've noticed that on LOST night I act like my mother did in the '80s when it was FAME night."

and

STACEY, who declared: "I've noticed that life for the survivors (and the viewers) would be a lot less frustrating if they would just talk about things when they happen." Ain't that the truth!


Congrats to our winners... leave me a comment with your email address and your mailing address (I won't publish them, of course) and then I'll email you and we can go from there.

To everyone else:
1) Remember that you can buy "Things You Never Noticed About LOST" on Vozzek's site and he'll sign it with whatever inscription you'd like. Or if Amazon's your thing, you can buy it from that site here (but no autograph option is available). I'm about halfway through it and I can't believe how many theories Vozzek discusses that I haven't really considered before. And I call myself a LOST blogger! For shame. Also, my husband, who is nowhere near the LOST nerd I am, has been reading it and enjoying it as well -- I mention this in case anyone is wondering if it might be over the head of a "normal person." No, it's not. If you've watched the past five seasons of LOST, this book is for you, no matter your level of fandom.

2) Check back soon, because within the next few days I will post the first of two official January contests here on Long Live Locke... and I'm going to close them within 24 to 48 hours after they launch in order to ensure everyone gets their prizes before the February 2 premiere. The Twitter-based contest will launch shortly, too.

Oh, and Happy 2010!

- e

7 comments:

vozzek69 said...

Congrats to all who won and thanks for entering!

Now turn off Heroes, put down the BSG blue-ray disc you got for Christmas, and start gearing up for S6...

-Vozz

Murat said...

Congratulations to all winners! :)

helkatmat said...

Great contest and congratulations to the winners! OK, for me not to win, I've won previously and I've already purchased the book! I'm leaving for sunny southern California in about an hour to help cheer the Alabama Crimson Tide to her 13th National Football Championship! Roll Tide!

helkatmat said...

Great contest and congratulations to the winners! OK, for me not to win, I've won previously and I've already purchased the book! I'm leaving for sunny southern California in about an hour to help cheer the Alabama Crimson Tide to her 13th National Football Championship! Roll Tide!

Lani said...

Great choices on the winners, e! I didn't want to invest the creative energy into entering, so I just bought my own copy from Amazon. Can't wait to read it! Thanks for letting us know about it, and thanks vozzek for sharing your insight with us!

kkiaa said...

I just purchased this book online at Vozz's site and can't wait to read it. Now only if I could get my hands on one of those beer koozies.... would certainly come in handy with Mardi Gras right around the corner!

Tori said...

e!!!
Not much blogging in my life AT ALL since going back to work after maternity leave. I haven't read anything and have only written maybe 2 posts? So I logged on today because I am starting to get geeked out about the upcoming premiere, and now I know I MUST BUY THIS BOOK! EEK! Can I read it fast enough?
Missing you!