Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hey Twitterers... Win a LOCKE LIVES T-Shirt *CLOSED*

NOW CLOSED.

Time for the second contest DarkUFO and I are collaborating on this month: we've got ten LOCKE LIVES t-shirts up for grabs.

While I personally believe that we'll see Real Locke alive and well again before the series ends, I chose the saying for this t-shirt more as a play off of my blog's title, and as an homage to the Frodo Lives! slogan from back in the day (if you don't know what that's about, you should really click the link, it's pretty hilarious).

It's obvious what's on the front of the tee -- what's on the back is my Long Live Locke URL.

Here's what you have to do to win one:

1) Follow both @erikaolson and @DarkUFO on Twitter. (You must have a Twitter account in order to follow someone.) Andy (who runs DarkUFO) has several spoilerphobes following him -- including myself -- and therefore you can rest assured that he does not tweet any spoilers. He will write something like "SPOILER -- Episode 6.11 Centricity" and then include a link if you want to know more, but that's it. You must be following both of us in order to be eligible to win.

2) At some point before 10AM EST on Thursday, January 14, tweet:

I'm following @erikaolson & @DarkUFO in order to win a #LockeLives shirt to wear during LOST's final season (SIZE) http://bit.ly/8ZPkcB


*** You must enter in one of the following sizes in the parentheses above, exactly as written below:
MEDIUM
LARGE
XL
XXL


(See below for information on the sizes.)


3) That's it. Anyone can enter from anywhere, as long as we can mail to you from the U.S. We will only accept one entry per Twitter ID. Andy will randomly select TEN winners on January 14 and we'll announce them shortly thereafter.

So here's the deal on these shirts -- they run big. They are a 50/50 cotton/poly blend and so they won't shrink too much. I didn't realize this when I ordered them, and therefore I'm already out of Smalls. I am 5-foot-8, 130 pounds and a Small fits me perfectly, so I'm sorry to all the other similarly sized ladies out there -- I got nuthin' for ya. A Medium might still work, especially if you're somewhere cold and can put a long sleeve tee under it.

My husband is 6-foot-1, 175 pounds and likes how the Medium fits him best -- but the Large looks OK, too.

Here's what a Large looks like on him, with a t-shirt on underneath:



And here are two pics of what an XXL looks like on him, still with another t-shirt on underneath.


Yes, he must really love me to put up with posing for those pics, huh? Hope they helped!

At some point after we close this Twitter contest I will run a blog-based contest in order to give away a few more shirts to Long Live Locke readers, so if you are not on Twitter, just hang tight.

If you are on Twitter, then good luck!

- e

5 comments:

DarkUFO said...

Good luck everyone

Ernie said...

I wore mine last night.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I want the shirt! woot! Well, good luck to everyone else, too.

helkatmat said...

Since I already am a proud owner of a Locke Lives tee I will watch from the sidelines. And, I was in college in the early 70s and certainly remember "Frodo Lives" everywhere, especially in chalk on sidewalks. BTW, that school was the University Of Alabama who just won the BCS National Championship and I was there in sunny southern California!

helkatmat said...

Since I already am a proud owner of a Locke Lives tee I will watch from the sidelines. And, I was in college in the early 70s and certainly remember "Frodo Lives" everywhere, especially in chalk on sidewalks. BTW, that school was the University Of Alabama who just won the BCS National Championship and I was there in sunny southern California!